Daniel Buren recevra un Prix d’Honneur le 23 juin au filaf Perpignan pour l’ensemble de son oeuvre. Il y présentera entre autres son exposition Monumenta ayant eu lieu au Grand Palais - RMN (Officiel). Daniel Buren signera également ses livres récents. Trois films lui étant consacrés par Apres Éditions Gilles Coudert seront projetés à cette occasion. / French Artist Daniel Buren will receive and Honor Award for his whole career at filaf 2014 Perpignan on june 23.
SELECTION OFFICIELLE DES LIVRES FILAF 2014
- Guy de Cointet, par Frédéric Paul, éditions Flammarion.
- The Sotchi Project, An Atlas of War and Tourism in the Caucasus. Photographies de Rob Hornstra, textes par Arnold van Bruggen. éditions Aperture.
- Typorama, Philippe Apeloig, édition Union Centrale des Arts Décoratifs.
- Saint Jérôme & Georges de La Tour, sous la direction de Dimitri Salmon, IAC éditions d’art.
- The Emergence of Form - Maria Blaisse, de Claire Van Putten, éditions nai010
- The Russian avant-garde, The Khardzhiev collection at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam par Geurt Imanse, et Frank van Lamoen, éditions nai010.
- Mantegna, par Mauro Lucco, Actes Sud Editions.
- Lalibela, Capitale de l’art monolithe d’Ethiopie, par Jacques Mercier et Claude Lepage, éditions Picard.
- Peter Zumthor, 1985-2013 (Coffret de 5 volumes), sous la direction de Thomas Durisch, éditions Scheidegger & Spiess.
"It’s about how we make, use and see photography on a daily basis. And that is something that is still ignored and by ignoring it we have devalued sophisticated photography. Photography is given away for free, it’s used to idealise and mythologise, to elevate and uphold entire industries. Music and fashion and news are powered by images, they couldn’t really exist without photography yet what really do they give back? How do they pay for it? The little bits that we here so much about, but most of it they get for free. I think by examining how the visual mythologies of the world are created and upheld, a more rounded view of photographic history will help explore exactly how photography works. And that will create a larger demand for more sophisticated and powerful photography. And there are people who are very obviously and clearly doing this already. What the comeuppance of a more sophisticated photography is is another question. And the answer to that question might not be good."
Back from Villa Lena in Tuscany. A wonderful place that hosts artists residencies, production units, and guest houses.
L’URDLA, le centre international de l’estampe et du livre accueille les éditions TCHIKEBE (Marseille) et les éditions BERVILLE (Uzès/Paris) pour l’exposition PRESSER AUJOURD’HUI, du 29 mars au 23 mai 2014 à Villeurbanne.
We support Fair Use of our music!
We were upset to find out that a lecture by Professor Lawrence Lessig titled ‘Open’ was removed from YouTube without review, under the mistaken belief that it infringed our copyright interests.
This lecture about Fair-Use included -as examples- bits of spontaneous fan videos using our song Lisztomania.
Not only do we welcome the illustrative use of our music for educational purposes, but, more broadly, we encourage people getting inspired and making their own versions of our songs and videos and posting the result online.
One of the great beauties of the digital era is to liberate spontaneous creativity - it might be a chaotic space of free association sometimes but the contemporary experience of digital re-mediation is enormously liberating.
We don’t feel the least alienated by this; appropriation and recontextualization is a long-standing behavior that has just been made easier and more visible by the ubiquity of internet.
In a few words:
We absolutely support Fair Use of our music,
and we can only encourage a new copyright policy that protects Fair Use as much as every creators’ legitimate interests.
Mika Ninagawa, Self Image, M label No.29
MATCH and Company Co., Ltd.
We’re just back from Saint-Tropez where we shot a nice story for Aura Magazine. To be published in July.
photo : marc berville
Meeting Laurent Brancowitz (guitar/keyboard of pop band Phoenix) for FILAF ANNUAL was great. Laurent will be part of the FILAF jury this summer during the festival in Perpignan (23 - 29 June).